Monday, August 24, 2009

From A to Z..backwards

Tea..



..Typical Middle Eastern serving



..Samovar for brewing



..Two to Tango



..Tee shirt made popular by Marlon Brando




T is for:

Tea..
tempting tantalizing, tasty..
...served hot, cold, iced ..sweet or unsweetened
...with meals or alone..
...has been a staple of asian cultures for centuries,
...as a staple beverage, a curative and as a status symbol.


Tea for two..
..two 2..
..2

..It takes two to tango..
..Tango..the dance
.. music

..ti the 7th tone in musical scales

Tee shirt originally navy issue undershirt in 1913
later short sleeves and crew neck worn as outer top for men and women,
as made famous by Marlon Brando in 1959 "A Streetcar Named Desire"

Now I need to refill my never-ending glass of sweet iced tea
as I pop on over to see more A-Z postings at Jen's Unglazed http://unglazed.blogspot.com

10 comments:

  1. Good one, Lou. I may join this group one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun. That was clever. That was a wonderful blogging stop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like tea when I need a break from the coffee.
    Welcome to A to Z! I love the picture on your header of the mountains. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Monday Lou! and Welcome aboard!
    Great T words. I didn't know about Marlon and T-shirts; white crew neck T-shirts are my sons favorite attire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies..
    this has been a fun week for me..
    exploring/joining this exciting world of blogging..meeting so many new folks..
    making friends as I merrily sail along..
    what a ride!
    thanks for inviting me into your worlds!
    hugs and smiles!
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some nice "T's" Lou. You know we southerners love our sweet tea. I also enjoy a cup of hot tea in the winter.

    Hope you have a great week! We have some wonderful weather going on here. There's a touch of fall in the air. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute. I LOVE my sweet tea also...just not too sweet. :)
    we were just in Denver for vacation and we live in Florida!!! How funny.
    welcome to Z-A mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I am a tea person also. But, have to take it with out the sweet these days.

    Your wonder comment to my Sabbatical post has lead me to your wonderful blog. Loved all the pink flowers on PS. Have yet to try the A to Z but will one day. I will be bookmarking you for reading when I have more time.

    thanks for the visit and the nice comment. It was heartwarming to find so many nice responses to a post that I worked so hard on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rita..
    you managed to put into words, straight from you heart, all the raw emotions so many of us experience,but are not able, for whatever reasons,to express!
    what a Godsend that column would/can/could be to others in the same predicament!
    DON"T ever think you are NOT an accomplished writer..because you are!
    keep writing ..and enjoy life the second time around!!
    hugs and big smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good afternoon, Lou! It's just about Tea time...may I join you? Well, it's 3:15 in the afternoon, but anytime is a good time for tea and conversation. I'm so glad you are having a good time with this. I knew you would! This was a great post for the letter T. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete